|Click here to view race details|
The Gobi March course is located in the Hami region in Xinjiang Province, China. It takes competitors across varied terrain at the edge of the Gobi Desert and is surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery in China, including the mighty Tianshan Mountains. Unlike our other hot desert courses, this beautiful desert takes competitors across green grasslands and alpine-like scenery but also some rugged terrain and sand dunes. Competitors will traverse dirt tracks, dry riverbeds, valleys, plains and farmlands in areas alive with local culture.
Runwell is pleased to offer this unique and exciting opportunity to experience the wonders of an adventure race, while running for a greater cause, without the stress of large fundraising minimums.
Step 1: Register with Runwell by clicking on the "Register" tab below. You are requested to pay a $100 non-refundable Runwell registration fee.
Step 2: Register with Runwell partner, The 4Deserts. There, you will need to fill out the Gobi Desert 2017 Application, listing Runwell on the booking form http://www.4deserts.com/registration
How It Works:
1. Runners are responsible for all registration fees and airline flights.
2. For every $2,000 raised for Runwell’s grant programs, Runwell will apply $500 to either the runner’s registration fees (up to March 1, 2017), or towards the runner’s airfare (booked through a Runwell Agent and within specific time limits).
Runwell Runner receives:
1. Personalized fundraising page, welcome packet and fundraising tips.
2. Personal training plan from Runwell Coach, Lisa Smith-Batchen.
3. Three group nutritional Skype calls with an eNRG Performance nutritionist who will help you dial in your daily nutrition and training/nutrient timing plan to optimize yor performance.
4. Runwell custom apparel.
5. Fundraising incentives beyond the $500/per $2000 raised.
6. Gratitude from Runwell and all who benefit from your efforts to give back, and help to make addiction treatment accessible to all.
Lisa Smith-Batchen is a world reknown elite ultra runner, ironman competitor and adventure racer. Lisa is a woman of many "firsts". She is the first American to win the Marathon des Sables stage-race through the Moroccan desert and has twice won the Badwater Ultramarathon, which is considered one of the toughest races in the world. She is also the first and only person to ever have run 50 miles a day in 50 states in the USA in 62 days! Lisa is also a proven coach and motivator whose knowledge of health, fitness and nutrition has helped hundreds of individuals achieve their specific goals.