|New York, NY, USA|
|Click here to view race details|
Start spreading the news! The 2020 TCS New York City Marathon will be the 50th anniversary of one of the most exciting races in the world, with 50,000 runners and 1 million spectators lining the course almost nonstop. Some of the world’s top professional marathoners vie for the thrill of winning this race. This is New York, so don’t be surprised to look at the runner beside you and realize it’s a major celebrity.
Running with Runwell is about more than cruising 26.2 miles through all five boroughs of New York. It’s also about breaking the silence about substance use disorder (addiction). It’s about people in recovery and people who support them living healthy lifestyles. It’s about challenging ourselves to do something good for us, which also does something good for others. It’s about raising money for treatment scholarships for people with substance use disorder who can’t afford the full cost of treatment.
Runwell has fielded teams in the New York City marathon each year since 2014, raising $465,000 for treatment scholarships. Since 2011, at events around the world, our runners have raised more than $1.4 million. When you join Runwell, you join a dedicated team who care about one thing: helping people get effective treatment to begin their lives of recovery. (And the finisher medals – we care about those, too!)
Runwell team members receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon.
- Branded 2020 TCS New York City Marathon finisher shirt, medal, and other swag.
- Branded Runwell training and racing shirts and hats.
- Fundraising platform for online donations and for sharing with your network via email, social media, etc.
- Personal fundraising support via suggestions, tips, and tricks.
- Training support via suggestions, tips, and tricks. We do not provide coaching services, but can point runners to many resources and experienced, reliable, free and/or fee-based training plans and/or coaches.
- Pre-marathon team lunch in New York City the day before the marathon.
- Connection via email and closed social media group with other Runwell marathoners who have run New York in the past and who are planning to run this year. This is a great place to ask questions and share ideas for training, fundraising, etc.